The inability to achieve and maintain an adequate erection for satisfying sexual activity or intercourse is known as erectile dysfunction (ED). Impotence is not desired; erectile dysfunction or erectile condition are.
There is no set standard for how persistent the issue must be or how long it must last before it qualifies as an ED. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, defines ED as lasting at least six months.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
Most men occasionally experience difficulty getting or keeping an erection.
There is no need to be concerned because this is frequently caused by stress, weariness, or drinking too much alcohol.
Additionally, it could be brought on by the side effects of some drugs.
If erectile dysfunction recurs frequently, it could be brought on by:
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes, or excessive cholesterol
- Hormone issues
- Related to sadness or anxiety
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms:
Individuals with erectile dysfunction may experience different signs and symptoms. Those who have ED may:
- Not be able to erection at all
- Get a construction sometimes
- Have trouble keeping a construction long enough for sex
- Lack of sex appetite
Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis:
When you visit a doctor for ED symptoms, they’ll try to determine whether you have any other medical conditions that might be contributing to the issue. Your medical history will be questioned, along with inquiries regarding your sex life. Possibly, you’ve:
- An exam. Your testicles and penis will be examined as part of the procedure.
- Urine and blood testing. In these, conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and low testosterone are examined.
- A psychological examination. This can show if you suffer from stress, depression, or other conditions that could result in Ed.
- An ultra-sonogram. This enables your doctor to determine whether issues with blood flow are having an impact on your penis.
Can erectile dysfunction be prevented or avoided?
Whether you are aware of the root cause of your ED will determine this. You can take a few steps to possibly avoid ED, such as:
- Avoid using narcotics, smoking, or excessive alcohol consumption.
- If you take any new or existing medications, inquire with your doctor if ED is a possible adverse effect. He or she might use alternative treatment.
- Maintain proper blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Try to unwind and be stress-free.
Erectile dysfunction treatment:
Your ED’s treatment will rely on its underlying cause as well as what you and your partner believe will be most effective. Your physician can offer advice. Treatments include of:
Before having sex, you take pills containing medications like Malegra Green 100 Mg and Malegra Professional 100 Mg . They function by boosting the flow of blood to your penis. As soon as you are sexually excited, this aids in getting an erection.
If your testosterone levels are low, your doctor can recommend a testosterone supplement. If circulation or nerve issues are the root of your ED, it won’t help.
Modifications in way of life-
To alleviate your ED symptoms, your doctor may advise you to start an exercise program or lose weight. Additionally, they might advise you to give up using marijuana or other drugs, alcohol, or smoking cigarettes.
Consulting a counselor could be beneficial if your ED is exacerbated by stress, despair, or relationship issues.
A tube that fits over your penis is what is known as a penile pump. It comes with a pump that you may use to draw air from the tube.
This causes your penis to erect by drawing blood there. You remove the vacuum tube and wrap an elastic ring around the base of your penis to keep it upright. You take off the ring after intercourse to end the erection.
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
Take actions to enhance your cardiovascular health because erectile dysfunction is frequently linked to insufficient blood flow. Here are some ideas to give a shot:
- Avoid smoking, maintain healthy blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and medical disorders like diabetes.
- Avoid recreational substances and alcohol that could diminish your desire for sexual activity or interfere with your ability to keep an erection.
- Attain a healthy weight and maintain it.